Bail Bonds in Miami Dade County | How to Secure a Bail Bond
After an arrest, the court will decide and set a specific bail amount based on the circumstances of the offense. Bail is cash, property, or a bond that an arrested person gives to a court to ensure his or her appearance in court when ordered to do so. Bail is often set in amounts that are beyond the financial capabilities of most defendants. If this happens to be your case where you can’t afford the set bail, you can seek the help of bail bonds in Miami Dade County agent to ensure your release from jail.
How to Acquire a Bail Bond
There are four ways in which a defendant may be released from custody. They include:
- Services of a bondsman or bail bond agent
- Post cash for the full amount required with the court or jail
- You can use real property such as a home or a lot that is worth with the full amount of the bail
- The judge can decide to let the defendant go on their own recognizance through a waiver of payment
Bail bond companies charge a non-refundable fee usually 10 to 20% of the bail amount to post bail and secure the release of the defendant. The bail agent may demand that the defendant turns over collateral in the form of securities or property of value including:
- Real Estate
- Bank Accounts
- Stocks and Bonds
- Personal Credit
- Credit Cards
Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Bail Agent
There is information that a bail agent will need to help you such as:
- Full name and booking number of the person in jail.
- Location of the person in custody including the city, state, and the name of the jail.
- The amount of the set bail
Need Help with Bail Bonds in Miami Dade County?
If you need the services of bail bonds in Miami Dade County agent, contact MIA Bail Bonds for more information on how we can help you further.