Bail Bonds 33130 | Understanding How Bail Bonds Agents Work
No one wants to sit in jail or get a call from their loved one that they’ve been arrested, but unfortunately, it happens. And when it does, the most important concern here is to get that person released as soon as possible. The judged has already set the bail amount and you don’t have the money to pay for your bail or your loved ones. What are you going to do? You can hire the services of a bail bonds 33130 agent to arrange the bail for you. But before you sign any contract with the bail agent, it is important to know what’s involved in the process.
Things You Need to Know Before Hiring a Bail Bonds Agent
Before hiring a bail bonds agents, here are few helpful reminders before you move forward with the contract:
- A bail bond is a loan
- A bail bond is not always needed (this is when you or a loved one is released on your/their own recognizance or you can cover the full bail amount)
- You take responsibility for the accused. If the bailed person doesn’t behave, you pay the price.
- Bond fees are regulated by the state
- Bail money is not returned until after the legal proceedings are over
Factors Considered When Determining Bail Amount
When the bail is ordered or when the judge releases you on your own recognizance, you will be informed that your bail will be revoked if you are charged with any new offense while out on bail. Also, you can be held up for up to 60 days for the previous charge. If you want to know how bail amount is set, here are factors considered by the judge when determining the amount of bail:
- Nature and circumstances of the offense
- Family and ties in the community
- Potential penalty of charged offense
- Reputation in the community, employment history, and length of residency
- History of mental illness and substance abuse
- Criminal record
- Previous history failure to appear at court dates
Need to Learn More About Bail Bonds 33130?
If you are interested to learn more about bail bonds 33130, contact MIA Bail Bonds for more information.